Monday, November 8, 2010

California.. here we come...

Day 2= more driving.  
STILL no pictures 
(I told you I failed at taking pictures).  
The drive through the canyon was a wee bit nerve wracking. 
When there is a cliff to nothingness to the side of you
it kind of freaks me out

We got to our hotel
later that afternoon
where we had somewhat of a view of Disneyland 
(could see the top of the Matterhorn)

We checked in. 
The hotel was ok.  
For the price we paid I am so not going to complain. at.all. 
Now, here is where I should have taken a photo.  
In front our room were 3 toilets.  
Now they weren't there for that long.  
In fact, by the time the van was unpacked, they were gone.

As we were driving down, as well as unpacking the van, 
we kept telling Kaden about going swimming at the beach.  
The weather was GREAT!! 
That was for the time being.. 
by the time we unpacked and changed 
we had complete complete cloud cover and the temp dropped about 10 degrees.  
Boo
The closer we got to the beach the colder it got.  
Double Boo!
So we bagged that idea and did some shopping for our next day adventures.  
My nephew was a little bummed.  
As were the rest of us.

1 comment:

Janessa said...

Oh man. Bummer on the toilets (no pun intended). But I really do appreciate this item of interest. My question is, why were the toilets in front of your room. Did they try them all out before selecting the beauty you got? Hmmm. One may never know.