Saturday, February 21, 2009

I love to see the Temple


I went to the Draper Temple Open House on Friday with my family. It was so beautiful. If you have gone, you probably already know what I am going to say was my favorite room. The Celestial Room was gorgeous. The chandelier was absolutely breath taking.

It was amazing as you were walking down the tent covered hall and there is noise and some talking, but once you walk through the temple doors almost complete silence.

It was a great night as well, because some of the people helping were from my singles ward, their stake was helping that night. I was able to hear a message from President Dahl & his wife, in one of the sealing rooms.

The time we got there, it was too dark to take any pictures. I will have to go up there again when it's lighter.

I am so grateful for the temple and the peace it brings to me.

5 comments:

Mary Clark said...

I love visiting other temples too. It looks gorgeous on the outside. Maybe you should take a trip and visit the temple in Twin Falls too.

Megan said...

Thats so neat!! Me and Aaron need to make more time and go more often..each temple is so special and pretty and perfect in its own way

Janessa said...

I couldn't agree with you more. All of the temples are beautiful, but there were some specific things that made this one exquisite.

Tracie Jo said...

I agree...it is absolutely amazing. I have enjoyed the time that I have got to serve there. I only have one more time before it is dedicated!

Shana said...

I can't remember the celestial room very well. I do remember the chandelier. Glad it was quiet for you, those around us didn't get the quiet tour.... 2 year olds are hard to take, but it was a neat experience. It'll be nice to do a session! I also was bummed because I could've volunteered, but I got nervous that I'd have a hard time. Oh well.