Thursday, September 11, 2008

I will never forget




Seeing the World Trade Center for the first time and AMAZED at how tall they were.

How many people I saw that were walking in and out of them and couldn't fathom how many people were actually inside the buildings.

Seeing them from the ferry that was taking us to the Statue of Liberty and you couldn't see the top due to the cloud cover.

Being at work and hearing that a plane had hit one of the towers.

The shock watching the 2nd plane hit.

The fear I felt, hearing there were more planes that had been hijacked.

Crying as I watched them fall.

How quiet it was at work that day.

Going to dinner that night with Amy and feeling guilty that I shouldn't be eating out while the nation was mourning.

Meeting up later with Mindi, Theresa, and Shana talking about what had happened.

The documentary I watched about how they tried to identify people from the rubble and the countless rings, watches, cell phones, wallets and credit cards that were found. Really put things in perspective at just how many lives were lost.

The sense of unity our country had at that time and how I cried everytime I saw an American Flag.

The soldiers that sacrifice their lives everyday, to fight for our country.

The CES Fireside that President Hinckley gave on Sunday the 9th, reading the notes I had taken and the words of 'do not fear' staring at me on paper.


I WILL NEVER FORGET....

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow -- somber memories. I had forgotten the Do Not Fear talk. That was powerful. Yesterday I read a kid friendly book to the class. Most of the kids in my class were less than a year old when it happened. I almost started to tear up but I held it together. These are memories never to be forgotten.

Shana said...

I have been overwhelmed with the memories of that day. I watched a show on History yesterday where they had many different people who had taken footage from where they were. It was so heartbreaking.... I also can't believe I was there only 3 months before it happened. You can't forget it, that's for sure!

Theresa said...

I agree with all of it. I always think about Pres. Hinckley's talk two days before about the "Do Not Fear" too. I too watched the History channel and was crying.

Mel said...

What a horribly sad day. I remember that day so much and it makes me tear up just thinking about it. It was horrifying living near the airport and not hearing a single airplane for days after that. Eerie...