Sunday, October 12, 2008

3rd Annual Craft Cabin Weekend

For the past 3 years, a couple girls from work and I get together for a craft weekend up at Tracie's family cabin in Oakley.

Here are a some pictures of what is required to make this a snugly fun weekend.

Snow - a must, except to drive in it. Tracie kept telling me she was going to either give me a sedative OR knock me out with a shoe in order to get me down the mountain when we left.
LUCKILY - it wasn't snowing when we left. (must have been my lucky scrunchie)


Cozy socks. Or my winky parn sockies. (pinky warm fuzzy sockies).


Stack O' Movies - a definite must. How else are you supposed to craft when no movie is on?


A cozy place to sleep. You can't see my bed (I am standing by it when I took the picture.)


NAPS!! These are a definite must also. Goes to show you how much fun we were having, these girls didn't even wake up when I took the picture.


No snack bag here. We had the SNACK CABINET!!! Craving something chocolate, salty or sweet? Need some hot chocolate? You could find anything and everything in this cabinet/

We... ok I shouldn't say "we", Tracie and Teresa, winterized the cabin before we left. I "helped" by grabbing towels and wiping out the toilet tank. GO ME! They did everything else.
We entered the cabin as girls and left as WOMEN!!


Tracie draining the umm drains. :)


This is a true friend. Teresa, being the true friend that she is, will sponge out the toilet bowl. I love her face the best!


The main drain of the house, in the basement.
It was another fun weekend girls! Thanks for the memories!
I would post what I did for the weekend, but yeah I didn't do anything crafty. I read, napped and watched movies. It was wonderful.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Too much fun! I've always wanted a cabin, but I didn't realize you had to "winterize". Maybe I'll rethink it.

Sounds like you had fun.

Mel said...

If I went I would have totally helped with the toilets! But not really....I would have helped "empty" the special cabinet. :) I'll definitely have to rethink it and come next year for sure!