Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Slipped

What is it with me and slips? For some reason they don't like to stay put. I have had a couple instances where this has happened. Twice at work, lovely. The 3rd time happened yesterday evening.
I was getting my hair done and after getting my hair washed, the hair dresser took me over to get a paraffin wax on my hands. Dip, dip dip the hands go into the wax, hands covered in plastic and then "warming mitts" (looks like oven mitts but without thumbs) are placed over the plastic. As we are walking towards the station I felt the slip start to fall. Ok, I now have no hands to be able to catch it and hold in place. Down to the floor it went. So, now how do you "discretely" pick up the slip that is now around your ankles? Do I kick it over to the hair dressers station? Eww no. Do I try and pick it up with the gloves. That would be like a little kid trying to pick up something in mittens. Scoop.. dang it.. scoop.. dang it. I immediately say, oh how embarrassing, and the hairdresser thought I had lost my cape and bent down to grab it. She then realized what it was and said it's ok, this isn't the first time something like this has happened here and shoves it into my handbag. I know it probably wasn't the first time something like that has happened there, but, still I wish it wouldn't have happened in front of a bunch of women. Guess it could be worse and it was all men, as what happened the 2nd time.
I don't know which is more embarrassing, this or the time I was at a work bowling party and a tripped and fell "into the lane". Well, I guess I will have to say the bowling incident. Stupid oily lanes. I feel better because it could have been more embarrassing.. but now I am re-living the bowling incident.

4 comments:

Janessa said...

Oh friend. I'm sorry. I remember the bowling incident, but I assure you it's long past, so no worries there. As for the slip, I have to giggle a little because it reminds me of the slip incident in Park City. Like you said, it could have been much worse. It could have been your skirt falling off and your slip staying on! (You'd be grateful then that you remembered to wear your slip or you'd be standing there in mitten hands with your knickers showing!)

Theresa said...

No big deal. You were in a salon. Now I can't guarantee that the non-english speaking workers there were not talking about you the rest of the night.

Melissa said...

And just think, you might not be wearing a slip, but you do have the silky smooth hands of a newborn. My slip came down at Smiths. No warning just bang, down around my ankles. It was lovely. I had to leave immediately because I didn't want someone to bust me for shoplifting as I crammed the slip into my purse.

Tracie Jo said...

Hahaha...that happened to me just the other day. I was walking out of the Bishop's office and as I was walking out I could fill it slip lower and lower, and before I could get to the restroom it was down around my ankles!! Good times right there. At least I was able to laugh at it, makes it much easier!!