Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Sister

I am so borrowing this from a friends blog. :)

Today is my cute sister's birthday. Not to be TOO cheesy, I wanted to jot a few my favorite memories of her.


  • Playing Little House on the Prairie, when mom made us our pioneer bonnets.
  • BARBIES BARBIES BARBIES!!!! (especially your homemade Christmas lights for the Barbie house. Hole punch with multi colored construction paper and yarn. You have a festive house)
  • Our cool poses we made when they let us do what we want when our picture was taken.
  • Making the stairs into a sledding hill with sleeping bags.
  • Taking the cushions off the couch and jumping in them and dancing to the ultra cool records mom & dad had.
  • Making a bowling alley down the hall, using cups as the pins and dad's bowling ball.
  • You babysitting us and threatening to call Santa and tell him not to come this year. We were brats.. I am sorry for that.
  • Lambda Delta Sigma.. sisters we are true.. (we both know it will always be Kappa Theta)
Happy Birthday Stacy!! I love you sister! I hope you have a fun day!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy birthday to Stacy. Childhood just isn't childhood without risking death sliding down the stairs in sleeping bags. It would have been a lot more adventurous if we didn't live in split level homes. Can't wait to see pics of your new digs. I'll give you some time to get settled. I didn't finish unpacking the last box till nearly a year after I moved in. Actually, there are still some boxes I have in storage.

Janessa said...

I love that you wrote this! You are so thoughtful. I can totally picture many of these memories in my own childhood. What a fun thing to remember and associate with your sister. As for the "sledding hill"... isn't it amazing any of us made it through childhood alive?

Stacy said...

Thanks sister! That is so sweet. I am glad we have countless happy memories.