Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight - The Movie


Ok I know I am not a movie critic, but I am going to give my 2 cents any way. I saw it twice on Friday. Friday in the afternoon with Rachel & her sister Katie and then again with my sisters and mom that evening. I caught more the 2nd time I watched it. I will most likely see it again with my niece.

I really liked the movie. A lot. I loved the scenery, the music and some of the "puns" they had, like the 'italiano' dinner they were making (was that in the book?) and the graduation caps etc. I really liked the baseball scene. That is probably because of the song that was playing.
It wasn't the book, (but seriously what book made into a movie is?) and I accepted the fact that Emmett wasn't Edward (Emmett was more of what my Edward looked like just with a bit longer hair and not so home boy-ish). But I thought they followed the story line pretty well. Now, some of the special effects meaning the "dazzling" part, I thought was a bit under done, and wasn't what I pictured at all.... but what can you do? I know they didn't have the budget to do more like they wanted to (nerd alert.. I did a bit of research), but with what they had I thought it was done pretty well. I have heard several people that have not liked it, and that is ok, I am not going to scream back ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I just read the announcement that they are going to continue with New Moon. I am excited, although this wasn't my favorite book. No Emmett, I mean Edward. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you liked it. I'm also glad they're going to continue with the series because I really want to see the part with the voltari. So creepy. BTW I loved the Esme character. I want to see more of her.

Mindi said...

I am laughing so hard "hearing" you say "heebs" regarding the cotton balls/swabs. Sooooo true for you!