Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Watched as history was made today.

I watched the Inauguration this morning and couldn't help but become a little 'verklempt'. What an incredible experience it was. Even my, never sit still, nephew sat still for a bit and cheered and clapped when he heard the crowd doing the same.
I am not really involved in politics as I should be. I mean hello Tina, these people are running your state and country. But, in listening to the speech I am hopeful to see what the future brings.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It was an amazing day. My favorite part was definitely Obama's speech followed closely by Aretha Franklin's hat and the "benediction" (if you can call it that). I feel a little guilty for laughing out loud during a prayer, but come on! "Red ain't dead?" It was kind of fun that he called for group participation during the Amens. What fun. I always love it when intense moments are followed by a bit of laughter. It's kind of like the "hit Weezuh" scene in Steel Magnolias.