Sunday, June 7, 2009

Heck outta dodge weekend



I have been feelin' the need.. the need to get outta the "valley" for the weekend. Luckily Tracie had an awesome idea to head up to her families cabin for the weekend.
As always, it was fabulous. Nothing planned other than chillin', watching movies and reading. It was so relaxing! I was able to start and finish the book club book. (Which was a pretty good read.)

Our first stop was to head into Kamas to do some grocery shopping. This is when I first noticed this business sign. Now this what I call one stop shopping. Haircut, facial, tanning AND rent a video? Sweeet. Personally love the speedo (ick).
When in Oakley you must, must, must stop at the Polar King. For the following artery clogging goodness. You know when your bag of food turns clear it is good stuff!!
We were, as always, sad to leave....
But the drive home was spectacular. I live in such a beautiful state!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Main Street Salon & Spa has quite the sexy sign.

I'm glad you had fun!

Tracie Jo said...

It was fun to go up and hang out, even though most of the time I was in the bedroom downstairs reading and you were upstairs on the couch reading! It was so much fun. We need to do it again! :)

Sheryl said...

I'm heading that way this weekend myself! (a neighbor's cabin), I've never been that way, so I'm excited. The Polar King, eh? Maybe we'll have to give it a try! :) I really can't believe we haven't run into each other Tina. We are doing all the same things!! :)

Janessa said...

Love the pics! What a great get-away! Also, the salon sign... yeah... what is that about? I'm just sayin'.

Mindi said...

good times friend! I am so impressed you finished the book already. I am still only two pages in. I really need to pick it up and get going. So are you picking the next one?