Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 9 - I Love to Wander...

(everyone together now...) to wander in the "mountains"... so early in the morn!


I love the Mountains! It makes Utah well Utah. I love that we have (well ok usually have) 4 seasons.
Winter, the mountains are covered in snow which makes for a magical winter wonderland. I wish I could say I LOVE SKIING.. but, I have never been skiing before in my life. I know... a native Utahn who has never skied nor snowboarded. I will say I tried once.. but on our drive up to Brighton the snow was so bad that we had to turn around and drive home. I think that was sign for me. I especially love it when the snow stays up there and not down in the valley whilst I am driving to work.
Spring is also nice because you can drive up the canyons with the windows down and drink in the wondrous smells.
Summer, (now I haven't camped in a while), but camping or the same, heading up the canyon for a drive or to a picnic place for roasted mallows. (smores were good)
The colors come fall are breath taking. The mountains are covered in beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow.
So... from the valley forge, to the green lake shores... past the robins nest.. climb the lofty mountains.. OH WHO COULD ASK FOR MORE?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

Janessa said...

Couldn't agree more! LOVE the mountains. There is nothing quite like them anywhere I have ever been. They're so beautiful and steady.

Janessa said...

I just remembered something. Remember our tin foil dinners up the canyon... and I sat in my cobbler?